Woa.
Anyone else have the thought that Abraham might have had a big head after this? I mean come on, if it were me and this had just been said from God himself, I would be walking around like I just won a huge award or something. I would have been giving high fives, telling everyone the good news, maybe even throwing a celebration party.
It made me wonder about how God gives each and everyone of us different responsibilities and how easy it can be to abuse that. Or how once we get "power" over something or someone we can let it go to our heads so easily.
I truly believe that God doesn't give us more than we can handle. He knew something about Abraham that we may never know that gave him the ability to handle all that responsibility. God knows what you and I can handle so even though we may not feel adequate in our abilities, he will continue to give us responsibilities that we can complete.
Now we have to learn how to not let these things go to our head and take over our lives. We have to learn balance and seek God's help when we don't feel like we can handle the situation.
I think we can all do that. Don't you?
No comments:
Post a Comment