I haven't been feeling the best since last Friday.
I have had severe abdominal cramping and other issues that have caused me to go to the doctor today. I did the normal check up and also got some blood work done. Although I haven't gotten the results back yet, I am almost certain nothing will come from it.
For those of you that really know me, you know that I have a complicated medical history. I went through years of struggling to find out what was wrong with me after an episode of frightening happenings. After so long I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis and that was that. Along the way I have had other issues arise such as gastrointestinal issues, leg pains, multiple sinus infections and so on and so forth.
Let's just say I know a thing or two about what the inside of a doctor's office looks like.
I can't say that I am quite used to the feeling of being sick many days of my life, but I am learning to cope with that fact. I am learning to see that it isn't the end of the world and I can still be impacted/ impact others by/through/with my experiences. I use to hate hearing people say, "Well just look at the bright side...." It really bugged me!
I heard it put differently recently and it has really helped me through my recent/ongoing sickness. Someone said that rather looking at it thinking "God, why does this have to be happening to me?" It should be, "God how can I serve you through this time? How can I listen to you better in my troubles?"
For some reason this has really stuck with me. Normally I would be going crazy right now after two days in bed, but it really comes down to your mindset. Everyone is going to struggle in this world, whether it be illness, death of loved ones, or anything else that causes us pain and grief. When we can say in these situations, "God how can I serve you through all of this?," rather then questioning life itself, I feel like our whole outlook can be more productive.
At least for me anyway. If we are truly His, we should want to continue to ask what can we be doing for Him, not what can we be doing so we can live a more pleasant life. As tough as that may sound, we have to remember whose life we are really living and what we are really doing here.
Awesome outlook, Christina. I am digging your blog so far. Keep it up.
ReplyDelete