Monday, July 22, 2013

New chapter

Last week of camp already.

It has been a crazy summer here at Camp Luther. As we start our last week I am reminded about how blessed we (staff) are to be able to work here. We get to share the love of Jesus to so many
kids in the beautiful nature God has provided for us. I feel there is no better way to help kids grow in their faith than by providing a safe environment to have fun.

I grew up coming to camp. In fact, I grew up coming to the same camp I work at now. I loved camp so much that I would pack months before I was going. My mom would always laugh at me because I would put a whole bunch of clothes in a bag but then would need them a few days later. I would want to put my toothbrush and toothpaste in the bag and would soon realize I needed it before I went to bed.

I loved everything about camp. I loved the people, the games, and the campfire worships. I loved being able to come and be myself and meet others who did the same. I could not get enough of this place!

Who knew that many years later I would end up working here full time and have the opportunity to share that same excitement with everyone that came. I have loved my time at camp and all the things it has done for me. Without camp I would have never realized God has given me talents to work with special needs individuals. Without camp I would have never met my husband. Without camp I would have never been able to meet some of my best friends today. Camp has done so much for me and I was so happy that I could give something back to it.

As I think about the fact that Josh and I will be leaving camp for good in a week, I realize it is a very bittersweet thought. We have both loved being here, but we are so excited for what the future holds for us! Josh has started his new job and absolutely loves it! I am excited to go back to school and see where that takes me. So even though we have many memories and friends here, you can see we both have a lot to look forward too.




1 comment:

  1. Aww :) You two are wonderful people and thank you for allowing me to share in this camp experience! I wish you both the best on this new chapter of your lives!

    ReplyDelete